I missed my 1-yr blog anniversary which was on 4 October. Should I wax lyrical about what sort of a year it's been? Nah. No waxing. Not even on legs.
It has coincided with me living in my little Red House for a year, and one of the best overall years I've had for a long time. Why? Well, and in no particular order...
1. I'm no longer in the 'marital home' fraught with 'baggage'.
2. I'm able to live with my financial independence as I like.
3. I've acquired various extras along the way (J, RA, NG).
4. I have a car I adore, that I chose, and I paid for.
5. I have a cat, albeit a mostly unaffectionate sod except when it comes to food.
6. My social life exists and I have new friends.
7. I've taken up exercise (tennis).
8. The boys are happy.
9. Music is back in my life.
Not bad for one year, eh? It's good to reflect sometimes. It makes you realise where you're at and why, and to count those numerous blessings.
Mind you, I wouldn't like to guess where I'll be in ten years. A friend of mine has a friend who has made a life plan. Doesn't that sound terrifyingly organised and focused? I wonder if she has intermittant 5,10,15-year plan stages and what would happen if she hasn't achieved her goals? Mind you, the sort of person who makes a life plan probably would achieve her goals...
Actually, chances are I'll still be in the RH in ten years, with a glorious garden, an aging, much friendlier cat, one boy in higher education (hopefully!) and the other in the local lycee, and maybe a long-suffering J, and an even nuttier NG... (hee hee). And at work down the road.
Could be worse...