MyFrenchCountryHome. Thank you very much, Sharon, I'm pleased you like my blog.
Apparently I have to reveal 7 things about myself. I will not be adding photos like Sharon did so beautifully though.
1. I studied Arabic & Islamic Studies at university (Exeter). Why? Because I liked Persian rugs and it meant a year in Cairo (yes, I know they speak Persian in Iran, but it's a closed country so I decided Arabic would have to do).
2. I couldn't live without my Sky Digibox and the English tele it delivers to my sitting room. Not that I watch tons of tele, but just having French tv is a nightmare.
3. I'm quite fanatical about food and eating. Eating is a joy, a sensual experience, and meals should be tasty and fresh.
4. If there's a talent I wish I had it's being able to paint. I'd love to be able to render beauty to canvas. I wish I could draw too.
5. I'm a messy irk. Well, I'm not, I love a tidy house, but I just can't abide tidying. I love someone else tidying for me though :)
6. Since my divorce, I've become more spartan in the way I live. I cannot abide clutter and having stuff. The less you have the freer you are. I prefer to eat better.
7. These are absolutely the best and happiest years of my life (stuff school, I couldn't wait to leave).
Now I'm supposed to tell you about blogs I read, but I did that recently here and as I'm a bit slow about discovering new blogs, I haven't anything new to add. Never mind, eh?
These rules that go with tags are there to be ignored I feel. Just take them and say thanks, l reckon.ReplyDelete
We have UK telly and French telly and I know I should persevere harder with the French programmes but i do find them a bit dull. MInd you I find English tv dreadful and dull so it's a lose/lose situation.
Well done on the award btw.
Thank you, FF. I'm having a bit of a murder mystery phase at the moment, and like to watch Rosemary & Thyme, Poirot, Miss Marple etc whenever I can.ReplyDelete
Some of the travel progs are good too, like the one around the latitude line of the Tropic of Cancer. I like BBC 4 and ITV3 best I think.
I don't pay, natch! :)
Less stuff. We all need less stuff its amazing just how little you need if you think about it. Looks like you have a very good approach to things if I may say so.ReplyDelete
Thank you, Johnny. I think anyone who's been through divorce and the splitting of stuff, plus what that stuff represents is at least a bit traumatised by the whole 'stuff' thing.ReplyDelete
I was always a bit austere regarding stuff and I'm now worse. Luckily I have a small house and big furniture so it looks nice and cosy anyway :)
What would I save from a burning house? My small computer and my handbag. I would regret the loss of my books though.
Congratulations. Your blog has always been very interesting since I have been reading it.ReplyDelete
Thanks Nick, I'm glad you enjoy reading it.ReplyDelete