- The Telegraph has had over 1000 entries for its book competition. As they are selecting only the first 50 to post as finalists, I am philosophical as to my chances.
- There is a raging debate at home as to the pronunciation of the word 'Nutella'; pronounced 'nut' or 'noot'. I lead the 'nut'-ists.
- There is a lesser debate on the pronunciation of the word 'shush'; as in 'bush' or 'fuss'. I say both depending on the weather, my mood, whether the moon is waxing and whether I've had a G&T.
- I am now the official Sécretaire of Promo'Arts Association (1901 or whenever it was) so you can expect news of that on a sporadic basis, and if you'd like to join, just let me know.
- I am fed up with The Times updating their debates comments once a day. The Telegraph manages to update their 'Your View' comments much more frequently and I think The Times should pull their finger out...
- I went to see 'Apocalypto' last weekend and thought it amazing; visually stunning with a great storyline and characterisation. The Mayan language just made it all the more credible so massive kudos to Mel Gibson, despite his abhorrent views, for pulling off a masterpiece.
- There's a really funny spoof website for François Hollande which has a mobile phone ringtone of Ségolène Royal from where I would also like to introduce the word 'neuneu' to my blog (Généralement un individu vaguement simiesque, monocouille et hydrocéphale...).
- The Great Barrier Reef off Australia has some corals which are over 1800feet thick and have been aged at 18million years old. I don't understand how this can be if the earth is only 10,000 years old (according to the far more scientifically accurate Creationists *cough*). Never mind, it's all dying anyway from the effects of global warning. If you ever wanted to see it, get there quick before it is all bleached and dead forever.
- There have been local entries for the Washington Post's word competition, including 'Pish'; a species of fish measuring 3.14159265358979 recurring.
- I'm thinking of buying a laptop. To Vista or not to Vista?
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Tonight's news items include:
Tags : Apocalypto, News, Promo'Arts, Telegraph, Times
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I say, you've really gone into blogging overdrive this last week or two, Sarah. Are you on some new trendy nutritional supplement?ReplyDelete
C'mon, don't be selfish. Please tell us what it's called so we can all rush down to the health food shop and get some.
Nah, on second thoughts, I can't be bothered. It's too much effort. One can let Sarah do the blogging for all of us. All we have to do is post the occasional comment or two, just to let her know her efforts are appreciated.
Well Colin, you may have noticed that my posts are thinly disguised witterings, and I'm quite full of it. The more erudite amongst us spend more time researching and come up with sensible things to say.ReplyDelete
I just witter. It gets it out of my system, and I don't care if it's not serious stuff.
"Witter on", if that's what it is (though I think you do yourself less than justice , since I for one find it all most entertaining).ReplyDelete
So it's G&T-fuelled - whatever turns you on.
I'm going along with a group from the local Antiboulenc society tomorrow to see how Nice-Matin is produced, so will be hors de combat in blogging terms for much of the day. Was that a huge sigh of relief I just heard from the blogosphere ?
Well, then - if the Telegraph are only posting 50 of their 1000 entries, then I'm positively pessimistic about my chances...:-(ReplyDelete
I feel the same way as you about "shush" but...
I'm afraid you've got it wrong on the chocolate spread issue. It's most definitely "noot", Sarah. Believe me, I am an expert...
Oooh, did you enter the competition too, Gigi? How exciting! Maybe we'll meet at lunch!ReplyDelete
No way noot. :p